Thursday, August 23, 2007

WEll thats three down, just one to go!

Nicole now ill as well. Same bug as the other two. So i called my mum to bring round supplies ie milk, calpol and neurofen (i should buy shares in the last two items), and have set up a new meds timing sheet on the fridge door. Because i get easily confused.

I am hoping that i wont go down with this at all, as Monday is our 8year wedding anniversary. And Peter is still on very soft foods, so it looks like out meal will consist of...



CHOCOLATE TRIFLE!!

And i am not complaining, yum yum.


And how is the young man himself? He is doing well, has been on the exercise bike now. He does still have his feeding tube in, and also a new machine is being used. If you are of a squeamish nature then please do not read ahead.


Where Peters LVAD was, there are now two big holes leading to the diaphragm. They need to get these to close on their own without leaving any infection. When they removed the LVAD they packed the holes for a couple of days, then removed the wadding and bagged them to let the blood etc drain off. Yesterday then started using the vac pack to draw the gunge and stuff off and encourgae it to close up. They pack the wholes with foamy stuff, Peter says they pack it right up and it hurts. then they attach the pump and it sucks all the nasty stuff out. It will be used for about 3 weeks.

5 comments:

Teri said...

Nice Blog :)

Tinypoppet said...

hey Sarah,

I was on the vac for about 2 months. Tell Peter I sympathise (I hated it!) but when they finally take it out and close up....you suddenly realise you are free of machinery and that is a really incredible feeling!

Hope you enjoy your chocolate trifle :)

xxx

BreathinSteven said...

Hi Misdee!!!

Chocolate Trifle sounds pretty wonderful! Happy Anniversary!!! I imagine this one will be very celebrated...

I'm so glad Peter is doing well -- tell him to keep up the good work!

I hope it's OK with you -- I "borrowed" much of your April 16th post to do a follow up story about Peter and you and your family -- I thought your gesture on the day after Peter's transplant was just beautiful...

My post on Revive Hope is here...

Thank you so much for keeping all of us in the loop! You're doing so much for so many by doing this -- not only for people who care about what happens to Peter and you and your family... You're giving hope to others waiting for the call...

Love,

Steve

Steve Ferkau
Chicago, IL

Sandylizz said...

I heard about your story through the LLTGL campaign and I am so pleased that peter is doing so well.. I hope the girls start to feel better soon to..
Have a good wedding annerversary!

lynnuk said...

Have a lovely anniversary! Hope things start to improve for the girls. Best wishes to Peter. I am so impressed on how well he is doing. x x